Dienstag, 14. Juni 2016

Impressions from the Lunatic Festival 2016 (English)

Hello,

it is finally summer and therefore also Festival time. Yippie!!

Nowadays huge amount of Festivals exists which are hold each year in various countries and no matter what kind of music you prefer there is a Festival for everybody. 
Each of them has something what makes them special whether it is an extraordinary location or the line-up. Some Festivals are popular all over the world such as Coachella 
or Glastonbury while others are smaller and less well-known.
However, what all Festivals have in common is that the visitors would like to escape 
the reality for a weekend and instead have a good time with their friends alongside thousand of others while some of their favourit musicians play under the open sky.

Anyway, to finally get to the point I actually would like to talk about:
nearly two weeks ago I visited my second Festival and although a little while has passed 
since than I still would like to share my impressions with you.
The Festival I attended is called Lunatic and is hold since about ten years on the 
Campus of the University of Lüneburg / northern Germany. 
Each year it is organized from local students and in my opinion they did a great job. 
I discovered the Lunatic some time last year and thought it would be cool to go there 
once in the future and so I did now at the beginning of this month.

What was special about my attendance is that I was working while the duration of 
the Festival. The event itself was sold out but I applied for a volunteer job and luckily got 
the response that I can support the staff. My task was to work behind one of the main bars and -of course- serve the drinks. I never did this kind of activity before thats why I was excited how this experience will gonna be. At the end it turned out to be a fun 
and not to difficult job even though sometimes a bit stressful if ten people at the same time would like to order. 

Besides music art plays an important role on the Lunatic Festival as well.
Nearly around every corner there is something else to spot and to marvel at. 
What else is to add, is that there are only few and more or less unknown musicians 
playing but more often than not the unknown bands of today are the stars from tomorrow.
I assume that like me most of the other visitors attended the Festival for its lovely character rather than the Line-Up anyway. 

To sum up my thoughts about the Lunatic: I am glad I was there if also a bit sad that 
due to my work I wasn`t really able to watch the concerts I wanted to see.

Before I will come to an end with this post now, there is one more thing to mention:
the weather! It wouldn`t be a blogpost of mine without talking about the weather.
Anyhow, while there were heavy thunderstorms at Rock am Ring, which was hold 
at the same weekend as the Lunatic, we had bright sunshine and warm temperatures 
all day long.

But now it is time to let the pictures speak and say my usual last words:

I hope to see you soon on the blog again.

Best wishes.

Mareike


Ps: Have you counted how many times I used the word "Festival" in this post? :D





















     




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen