Mittwoch, 22. Juni 2016

Exploring: Eastbourne / United Kingdom (English)

Hello,

those of you who know me in person might know that I spend some time in April to explore another part of the UK. Probably like any other Au Pair an intention of mine was to discover the UK as much as possible during my time there. 
However, it was almost September last year when I moved to England and I am back 
in Germany since about 2 months now. 
What I am going to say is that most of the time I lived in Great Britain it was Autumn / Winter, therefore not really the best seasons to travel around and spot some of Britains most beautiful and worth seeing places. Because of that I intended to do more trips in Spring but as I left the country earlier as it was planned I missed out this oppourtinity.

Although...before I finally said good bye to England (my home for more than 7 months) 
I had the chance to visit at least one more of the cities I wanted to go which 
was Eastbourne. The city is located in the south-east of the Island and somehow not as famous as its "bigger sister" Brighton. I have been to both cities and seriously I can`t really tell why most people prefer Brighton over Eastbourne. In my opinion both towns are worth to see and moreover: they are pretty similar! The reason I wanted to visit 
Eastbourne was that there are this near by and breath-taking cliffs called Seven Sisters.
It`s not unlikely that you might have seen this sight in one or another british movie production as it is a popular location for film makers.
No wonder, the contrast of the sand coloured cliffs to the blue ocean is very picturesque!

By the way, the steep coast is a bit outside of Eastbourne but nonetheless it is easy to
get there. Just take advantage of the provided double-decker buses which start from 
the town center and run several times an hour. As it are Hop-on Hop-off tours you can also stop at other sights as well, just as you want. For example, there is a sheep centre 
on the way back to Eastbourne, which holds hundreds of various - you are right - sheeps!
Luckily the time I was there they even had lots of cute and fluffy newly born lambs.

Besides the bus tour we spend the rest of the time with walking through the (shopping) streets and for sure also went along the Pier which offered some good options for taking photos and to breathe in the fresh sea air.

Anyhow, I am glad that I was able to collect more impressions of how the Brits live.

As always I hope to see you soon on the blog again.

Best wishes.

Mareike











































Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen