Montag, 25. Januar 2016

Update of my To-Do-List

Hello,

I recently stumbled over a quotation which I have already seen a few times before. 
Moreover, I thought this is also connected to my Gap Year in Britain.

"IF A MAN IS TIRED OF LONDON HE IS TIRED OF LIFE."

Well, I think there is definetely something true to it. 
Not only has London so many great and different kind of places 
which are worth to visit but also there are many events you can join.

The problem with it is just that there are so many opportunities with things to do, 
one probably will never have enough time or money to explore at least half of it. 

Nevertheless, a few years ago I created a list with locations in London 
I would like to go to. During my holidays I was able to see already a lot of them 
but afterwards I still had a few points left on my list. 
Also whenever I saw or heard about something interesting I added new places 
and within the years my London to-do list got longer and longer. 
At some point I realized that if I go to London just for vacation it will be impossible
to do all these things within only a couple of days. 
Finally, this became one of the reasons, why I wanted to live in England. 
I thought if I am living there, I will have more time to work myself through the list. 

By now I have been living in the United Kingdom for over 5 months, 
what also means I am half way through my stay. Time moves so quickly!
Besides the fact that I got to know so many people I have also experienced a lot.
Anyhow, the other day I took a look onto my previous mentioned to-do list and for real 
I did a great number of the things. But in spite of this, there are still lots of places left, 
where I haven`t been yet but would like to.
I just added even more attractions, which I hopefully will be going to see in the 
next couple of months.

Anyway, in the following you can get an impression of the things I discovered from my list and what kind of activities I have recently added to it.
At the end of this post you can also find the link to my old to-do list.

See you soon.

Best wishes.

Mareike



Places in London & Britain // visited 


  • Shoreditch
-->    Brick Lane, Shoreditch Boxpark
  • visiting Covent Garden again (around Christmas time)
  • eat at Wagamama
  • eat at Nando`s again
  • Old Spitalfield Market
  • visiting a concert in London
  • watching a Musical in London
  • enjoying a great view over London from Hampstead Heath & Primrose Hill

  • Brighton
  • Cambridge

Places in London and Britain // I would like to visit


  • Richmond Park
  • Olympia Park
  • Electric Cinema (Notting Hill)
  • Borough Market
  • Chelsea
  • Mayfair
  • Skygarden / Walkie Talkie
  • enjoying the view from the Shard
  • Koko Club (Camden)
  • Shake Shack
  • Warner Bros Studios
  • Regent Canal
  • visiting several museums
  • going to another concert

  • Oxford
  • Manchester
  • Eastbourne
  • Bristol
  • Wales
  • Cornwall
Click here to have a look onto the older version of my To-Do-List.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen