Sonntag, 16. Juli 2017

Explore: in the streets of Eppendorf / Hamburg #Eppenlove

Hello,

what I love the most of Hamburg is, amongst a lot of other things, the variety of 
the districts. Somehow every part of the town has its very own character.
That´s what makes it worth to once in a while leave your usual neighbourhood and 
play tourist in your own hometown.

The other day I finally met up with a friend of mine, who has happily moved to Hamburg.
Although the both of us are from Germany, we got to know each other in England. 
Already back in London we used to explore the city and took as much photos as our 
camera batteries allowed us to.

Together now we wandered a long the streets of Eppendorf, one of Hamburgs most known districts. No wonder, with its cute little coffeeshops, owner managed fashion 
stores and well-dressed people, where is much to see. Above all, I could literally fell in love with every second house there. Or should I better say Villa as the houses as well as the properties are huge. Many of them are build in the Art Nouveau, which is my favourite 
architectural style.

My way also passed the Holthusenbad, which is located right next to the train station Kellinghusenstraße. I haven`t been inside for a while but my memories are just the best. The 1914 opened swimming pool impress with its unique and and stylish archicture. 
There are only few of its sort left and a visit is absolutely recommendable.
Especially at night, where you can swim in the outside pool while it´s dark and foggy.

Right behind it lays the beautiful Kellinghusenpark, a perfect place to sit down and relax 
or go for a walk.

Although I have already been a couple of times in Eppendorf by now, it never looses its charm. Where is simply always a new corner and a new restaurant to discover.

I hope I might have inspired the one or another of you to pay this lovely quarter a visit.

Spread the EppenLOVE :)

Best wishes.

Mareike

PS: I always really enjoy to read my friends blog. Feel free to check it out :)

https://theresarch.com/









Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen