Sonntag, 1. Mai 2016

Exploring: Streetart in Shoreditch / London (English)

Hello,

I am not telling you something new, if I claim that London is famous for the Big Ben, Buckingham Palace or the Tower Bridge and neither do I want to deny that these spots aren`t worth to see. Personally I think there is just so much more what makes this city 
as special and adorable as it is.

One of this places is Shoreditch what actually is an entire ditsrict and right now one of the most hyped places to visit in London.
In total I went there four times by now and each time I explored something new. 
No wonder, this area is popular for its creative and young inhabitants, which are responsible for the permanent development of their area. 
For those of you who haven`t been there yet, let me describe this part of the city for you with the following words:

Shoreditch is edgy, urban, bustling and above all arty!

Nearly around every corner there is a graffiti to find. Not the typical ones probably most of us are used to such like insignificant words or pictures on walls or train windows but actual pieces of art. In addition there are also funny sculptures to look for here and there. 
The ones I saw are located opposite the old Truman Brewery at Ely`s Yard.
All in all the graffities and sculptures definetely are a great extension to Londons musuems and the pictures of Banksy.
I can only recommend everybody who is into this kind of art and was thinking of going to London anyway to stroll through Shoreditch and convince yourself of this unique area.

But first the pictures of the graffities I saw. Some might not be there anymore but others got so popular that they remain for months if not years.

I hope to see you soon on my blog again.

Best wishes.

Mareike
































Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen