Samstag, 12. März 2016

Musical Recommendation or how I met Leo Stannard

Hello everyone,

the time has come to share my first blog post in this category with you.
The cause for me finally writting a recommendation happened a short while ago.
As you probably know due to the title, this is going to be about music or better saying 
a particular singer, whose music I would highly recommend you to listen to.

I discovered Leo Stannard at the beginning of the year.
I was searching for something on facebook, when I stumbled across his page
In the following I listened to his songs on YouTube and added them immediately to 
my playlist. From this day onwards I have been keen on his music, 
what is not really a surprise as I tend to listen to british musicians almost only.
Therefore, Leo is another proof for Britain being a country with lots of talented musicians.
Besides that it is especially his unique voice and the way how he is playing the guitar,
what makes his music absolutely worth to to listen to.
Moreover, he is also writing the lyrics himself!
In terms of the genre, it is quite hard for me to describe it so I think it might be the best
if you just get yourself an impression of it.
You are about to find some useful links further down this post but first let me tell you something else and exciting.

I was on facebook again, when I discovered a post of him (or more likely his management). He / they invited everybody to take part in a spontanous competition, 
with the option to win tickets for his sold out concert taking place in London the next day. 
I thought that I had nothing to lose and so I tried my luck.
Although I usually never win anything, this time I had good feeling. 
Lo and behold, about an hour later I opened my facebook account and indeed I had 
a message, saying that I am one of the lucky ones, who are invited to visit the concert.

Fun fact: I was listening to his music in the moment I read the message.

So the day after that, a friend of mine and myself head off to London.
The venue, where the concert took place was quite small, what I really liked! 
There might have been only about 200 other people and amongst them a surprisingly 
high amount of men, who attended the event.

As Leo doesn`t have so many songs yet, his perfomance wasn`t that long. 
Nevertheless, the concert was fantastic!
Not only is his voice in real life as good as I used to know it from the records 
but he also has a great stage presence. 
It appeared to me that everybody really enjoyed listening to Leo as I noticed 
from the amazing athmosphere in the room and the applause he got after each song.

Subjectively speaking, I felt very lucky to be able attending the concert. 
Leo seems to be an interesting and charming person and I am sure we will hear a lot more of him in the future.


Right now he is still on tour, so it might be worth to have a look, whether he is coming to your town and if there are still tickets left.

To get more impressions from the concert and Leo himself check out these articles:

http://www.wonderlandmagazine.com/2014/09/new-noise-leo-stannard/

http://www.coolmusicandthings.co.uk/2016/02/mahogany-show-leo-stannard-23216.html

My favourit songs are these ones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlbL6udXmf4&list=FLJxaGk54nRrBDrTkIKKVwmA&index=22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4h-lIZgaEg&index=3&list=FLJxaGk54nRrBDrTkIKKVwmA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzMDof0WG1s&index=7&list=FLJxaGk54nRrBDrTkIKKVwmA

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen